Track Data Changes
As an administrator, you can track (audit) the data changes made to any planning model. SAP Analytics Cloud logs all changes to the transaction data of that model when users publish data from private versions to public versions.
Who does this apply to?
- Users with any of these permissions for Data Change Log: Read or Delete.
- Users with any of these standard application roles: Admin or BI Admin.
The Data Changes page shows logs of all the changes to the transaction data in any model that has data auditing enabled. The audit data is logged when data is published from a private version. All changed cells in the published version will be audited. The audit information for each changed cell includes the following:
- Date and time of the change
- User who made the change
- Original value
- New value
These are some common uses for the data tracking information:
- See who changed the planning data for a specific region.
- See when the planning data of a specific product was changed.
- See the history of budget data over a quarter.
Activate Data Auditing
- Open the model you want to track data changes for.
- Select (Model Preferences).
- On the Access and Privacy tab, switch on Data Audit.
- Select OK.
Viewing the Data Change Log
- From the side navigation, select .
From the Select Model list at the upper left corner
of the screen, choose a model.
If the list is long, you can start typing a search string to find your model. If your model doesn't appear in the list yet, click Select New Model to find the model.
If your model contains multiple measures (key figures), the data columns are grouped by measure.
- To choose which columns appear on the Data Changes page, click (Select Columns).
If you want to filter the data, select
(Filter) to show the filter bar, and then select
to create a
For example, to display the data for a specific date range only, select Audit Time.
Or, you can filter the data by selecting one of the column names, and then choosing members from the dialog.
Downloading and Deleting Data Changes
- Follow the above steps for viewing the data change log.
- Select (Download options).
- In the Download Data Changes dialog, type a file name for the download in the Name field.
Select a Starting Date and an End
Date and select Download.
The rows within the dates that you specified are downloaded as CSV files with up to 75 000 rows each.
- To delete data change data for the model, select the (Delete Data Changes) icon.
- In the Delete Data Changes dialog, select a time period or range.
If you choose Specific Range, set a
Starting Date and an End
It is recommended to delete the same range that you downloaded.
Any data change rows for the model in the specified time period are deleted from the system.