Live Data Connections Advanced Features Using the Cloud Connector
You can create live data connections to your on-premise data sources through the Cloud Connector, to make use of advanced features.
Some advanced features for live data connections in SAP Analytics Cloud, such as scheduling the publication of stories, require a connection using the Cloud Connector. The Cloud Connector is a component available with the SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP). The Cloud Connector is also required for Smart Insights when connecting to on-premise data sources.
- Schedule a Publication
- See the "Cloud Connector-based Mobile Single Sign-On" topic in the SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile Administration Guide.
- See Granting Support Users Access to BW Direct Live Connections in Get More Help and SAP Support
The Cloud Connector is an SAP application that you would install inside your own internal network, which then allows SAP Analytics Cloud to communicate with your on-premise systems.
- If you plan to use single sign-on (SSO), SAML SSO needs to be enabled between the SAP Analytics Cloud tenant and the SAP BW, SAP S/4HANA, or SAP HANA system.
- The Cloud Connector is installed and preconfigured.
- At this time, this capability exists only for SAP BW, SAP BPC embedded, SAP S/4HANA, and SAP HANA data sources.
- This information is intended for the system administrator for both SAP Analytics Cloud and the SAP BW, SAP BPC embedded, SAP S/4HANA, or SAP HANA systems.
- Only advanced feature workflows are connected via the Cloud Connector. Users who use the web application are connected without using the Cloud Connector.
- When live connection advanced feature workflows use the Cloud Connector, be aware that your data will proxy via the BTP (your data won't be stored in SAP's network). You'll need to first agree to allow your live data to leave your network. Go to Allow live data to securely leave my network switch in the Live Data Sources section. This switch is audited, so that administrators can see who switched this feature on and off. To see the changes in the switch state, go to , and search for ALLOW_LIVE_DATA_MOVEMENT. For more information, see Track User Activities. and enable the
To set up the connection using the Cloud Connector, you'll need to perform these configuration steps:
- Configure Your On-Premise Systems to Use the Cloud Connector
- Then set up trust between those systems and BTP if the live connection uses single sign-on:
- Create your live data connections: